McDonalds?

Do you let your kids eat McDonalds? If so how often? I've never given it to my daughter until one day when a family member showed up with a happy meal for her own kid. My daughter was screaming for a fry. I let her have a few. There are times when we are out and it seems convenient. But I feel guilty to give it to her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Food & Drink

• All fast food is ok in moderation. It doesn't make you less of a mother.

We shop every saturday and I let her pick where we eat. Sometimes it's taco bell, others it's mcdonalds and others it's cracker barrel. She eats healthy the rest of the week so if we slip on shopping day, who cares.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:22 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• bleh, don't feel guilty, just don't do it like a habit. I've done it too, its not going to kill them.
    Anonymous

• As long as you aren't one of those parents that do it everyday. once a week is good. Anything like that in moderation is good. Happy meals are fun, kids like fun...lol
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 1:25 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I get the kids some type of take out every Monday night... sometimes pizza, sometimes chinese, but most times they pick BK or McDonalds. I don't think its a big deal, my kids get lots of exercise and I try to get good stuff in them every day. They are 4 and 2, btw.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:26 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• We go to Subway if it's fast food.. It bothers my stomach to eat at any of the other fast food places.Our boys don't care if we don't go there. Ever since their Gramma and Gramps told them they only "pee" at Mcdonalds, they don't want to go there! lol
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:35 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• We have fast food maybe twice a year.
    Anonymous

• If we're hard up for food while we're out & about (have to go an hour away to do any real shopping) and there's no other choice, the yes, we'll get MD and the kids eat it too. But if we have any other choice, we'll choose pretty much any other burger joint over MD. But on the rare occasion that we do get it, the kids all get the mcnuggets - I fell better giving them those (yes, even deep fried) than the nasty "burgers". And I do like their fries...!
    Anonymous

• mmm a double quarter pounder sounds delicously unhealthy! lol
    Anonymous

• both my kids have had McDonalds!! We deff dont get there often maybe once every other month!!
    MarineAngel831

Answer by MarineAngel831 at 3:19 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• My kid hates McDonald's, so no, he doesn't get it, but lives for special occasions when he can get a Taco Bell treat....lol.

We don't do much fast food here (in fact, I prefer to call it "fat food") because it is so unhealthy, but as a once-in-a-while treat it's fine.
    Anonymous