Do you have your tubes tied?

Are there any complications? I'm done with hormone BC, I just can't stand it. Does having a tubal increase the risk on any cancers? ...and where do the eggs go when you ovulate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Health

• No way. I heard the menstral cramps are a lot worse when you get them tied. and the can become untied and there is a possibility that you can still get pregnant.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 1:28 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I've had mine tied for years and never had a problem. I have no clue where the eggs go though.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:37 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Hubby had a vasectomy, maybe talk it over with your Hubby and see if he would be willing to go that route. GL
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:38 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Nope. It can self reverse like a vasectomy. So I refused to get it. Instead I got Essure. I love it. I recommend it. As for the eggs, the body just reabsorbs them.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 1:43 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• MrsLeftlane,
    I have a scheduled C-section planned. My DH is fine with a vasectomy and we may go that route, especially if there are less complications after the fact.-OP
    Anonymous

• Purpleducky,
    I am looking into essure as well, I've heard excellent things. I may start another post to get a better feel. My only concern is that its still fairly new.-OP
    Anonymous

• I had mine done almost 8 years ago, no problems here. My period is about 3 days with the first day being the worst. I had it done right after the birth of our 3rd child. It was a small incision under my belly button that you cant even see. No pain or anything other than the normal pains after birth. Depending on how they tie them they can come undone but mine were burnt and a section removed from each so I don't think they will grow back and unburn themselves to reattach. Years ago they just tied them and yes they did come untied. You do have a risk of tubal pregnancy. The egg is reabsorbed back into the body. As far as cancer, no.. no more risk than normal.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:47 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• had mine done after baby #3 and my cycle is more regular than ever - it was VERY irregular after having kids.

discomfort for the first few weeks

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:30 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• oh and my dr snips and cauterizes the tubes. no chances of them coming untied.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:31 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I had mine done almost 4yrs ago-- at the same time my last child was born by c-section. My Dr. did the snip and cauterize, so no chance of them reversing.
    Anonymous