Job hunting while pregnant?

My husband and I just moved to a new town across the country. We don't know anyone. He is in graduate school, and I am looking for a job. We love each other very much and were going to have kids later. Until this weekend when we found out we're pregnant. I was in the middle of hunting for a job. I really want to go to work, but I am so scared I will be judged or declined because I'm prego. It's making the prospect of my first child less than enjoyable, and that makes me so sad. Anyone been through this before?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Unfortunately I was looking for a job while I was 5 months pregnant, my opinion is that you are judged while pregnant...so you should do it when you are in your early trimester..
    MamasAngelPie

Answer by MamasAngelPie at 1:44 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• You don't have to tell them you're pregnant. I found a job at 8 months! So i'm sure you'll be absolutely fine! GL!
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 2:08 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• do it early on when your not showing. unfortunatly they wont tell you they are not hiring you cause your preggs but thats the case.9 our of 10 times. ironically everytime i get a job im pregnant and dont know it. lol. when i got my job at walmart i was 5 weeks and didnt know it..well i kinda knew it cause is pent all of orientation in the abthroom vomiting. lol. and i think they knew it too. and now im a cashier! helps keep me in shape and there super nice baout it..soo try walmart.com. lol.
    : (
    good luck.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 2:26 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• You just found out. 9 months is a long time. You won't be showing until 4 or 5 months and then only to people who know your normal size. You won't pop until 5 or 6 months easy maybe longer if you are tall or carry well.
    Anonymous

• I was job hunting when i became prego for my 2nd! I never told anyone I was prego and they couldnt tell cause it was still early in! I did later on after getting hired tell my boss I was having a baby and everything was cool!!!
    MarineAngel831

Answer by MarineAngel831 at 3:13 PM on Dec. 1, 2009