Thoughts?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-11-30/bush-lite/

This is an opinion post people, so bear that in mind. Would just love some thoughts...

ethans_momma06

Asked by ethans_momma06 at 1:38 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• This should get interesting.popcorn

I agree by the way, with a lot of what that says..

Anonymous

• Barack Obama interesting picture   LOL

Anonymous

• "Like Bush, Obama wants to wage an escalating war without worrying about how to pay for it—though no doubt, on Tuesday, we will be subjected to the same ludicrous vows not to increase the deficit. And it is almost uncanny to hear, this time from the liberal Obama, the same bloodcurdling rhetoric about nation-building and creating democratic institutions, and so on, that led us into implacably undemocratic Iraq. Warlord-run Afghanistan is nothing like Iraq. It is more like Somalia. Remember Somalia?"

Anonymous

• Remember how terrible Bush was to enact the Patriot Act? Obama denounced him for it, until he became president and then Obama embraced and expanded it.
    Anonymous

• Maybe..JUST MAYBE..Obama knows more about what's going on over there than we do? Maybe he is privy to, I DON'T KNOW, things that are at the highest security level? Maybe if this country would stop obsessing over stupid sh!t and focus on these wars the outlook may be different?
    Anonymous

• Maybe..JUST MAYBE..BUSH knew more about what's going on over there than we do? Maybe BUSH was privy to, I DON'T KNOW, things that are at the highest security level? Maybe if this country would stop obsessing over stupid sh!t and focus on these wars the outlook may be different?

Fixed that for ya. 

Anonymous

I stated many times to people that he would keep it. He learned the value of it for keeping us safe after he became privy to the info.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:26 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• The Patriot Act is NOT keeping us safe! It's nothing but a "legal" way for the gov't to suspend/ignore the rights of every man; woman & child in this country. Have you by any chance read about the 100mile No-Constitution Zone that our border has become? Safer my eye...more vulnerable to gov't interference is more like it!.

Holy cow it's amazing what some of what you people will believe - anyone want to buy some great land I have for sale in the Everglades?? Cripes!

Anonymous

• Maybe if Obama was a more active in his previous job, he wouldn't have made such outlandish promises for votes. What about bringing troops home? oh right...let's wait and see, right?

Bush may not have been the brightest bulb, or best speaker, but at least he didn't say everything under the sun and play up to the ignorant American public, especially our youth, just for votes!!! ugh, Obama makes me want to vomit.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 4:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

Honestly, some of you people need to get a grip! NO ONE I know has lost one iota of their privacy due to the Patriot Act. NOW, when IBM becomes responsible for keeping YOUR COMPLETE ELECTRONIC MEDICAL RECORDS on their servers as per ObamaCare, THEN you can worry (more denials based on health history)!!! Until then, no one I know has anything to hide--in fact our lives are pretty routine. But hey, if Obama's people want to listen in on my telephone calls with therapists and teachers and my friends when chatting about Dancing with the Stars or Desperate Housewives, then they're more than welcome! LOL :p
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:08 PM on Dec. 1, 2009