is it normal to feel fat while pregnant?

i mean its like an obsession. yes i reaserch on the baby, but most of the time i reaserch on weight loss and excersize, before and after photos so i can visualize myself gettin back to beeing thin. i dont like beeing pregnat. yes in a sense i do because i can feel the baby and i love the baby, but i dont like getting big and having a belly, even a small one. is this normal. i just keep counting down the days till i have the baby so i can start an excersize and diet programm. i look at other beutifule women and feel jelouse of their figure. what can i do? i feel so unsexy most days. i do have my happy beutifule days, but most of the time im so self conciouse about my belly, my thighs. i hope i can look good by the summer. im due on April 3rd. i find myself getting so angry when i catch my husband looking at a thin non pregnant woman. it kills me a little inside. have you ever felt this way. what did you do?

prinzesa_edith

Asked by prinzesa_edith at 1:41 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's normal, and there's really nothing that you can do about it. And just remember that you will never have your before baby body back. You may get back to that size but it will never be quite the same body.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:48 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• No, not really. I mean it's easy to feel BIG, when preggers, but you're supposed to. I liked it. No, I LOVED it! I never cared about anyone else and what they looked like. I liked the way I looked because I had a beautiful baby in there to look forward to meeting, but I wasn't in a big rush. Pregnancy is a beautiful thing! Just think about eating healthy for you and baby now and realize this is so fleeting and once this moment is gone, you will miss it, trust me!
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 1:48 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• i just feel HUGE right now, i'm 8 months, and i hate it. i did n't feel like this last pregnancy, but i think it sucks. It's normal. I just can't wait to get the baby out and get back into shape.
    Anonymous

• i do think what you are feeling is normal but i also think it's because we are inundated with images of women and it gives half of us unhealthy images of women :) try your best to relax your image of what a sexy/beautiful woman is.
    Anonymous

• If you didn't start out with a good self image then being pregnant is hard. If you did start out with a good self image then it wouldn't bother you in the least. So no it is not normal. It is a symptom of the underlying problem of a bad self image. And the word is beautiful.

Anonymous

• yea i think it is normal....my regular weight is 120. when i was preggo i got up to 156lbs. i felt as if i was 300 pounds. i was always hungry.
    Moneshia

Answer by Moneshia at 3:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Yea, but i have suffered from eating disorders (anorexia and bulimia) since I was in 8th grade so I have been insecure and have felt horrible about myself and have feared being fat for years. So, being pregnant is very hard, I can imagine for most women it is hard getting big, especailly these days when the ideal picture of a women is way under a healthy body weight.
    And like they said above, you will never have your pre-pregnancy body back, I got down to 108lbs after my daughter, which is less than I weighed before I got pregnant with her and my body was just not the same. I too find myself obessing about my weight and thinking everyday how I can't wait to have this baby so i can get back to losing weight again,
    Anonymous