Do you ever feel sorry for celebrities?

With the recent news about Tiger Woods's car accident, I can't help but feel sorry for him and his family. The media immediately comes swarming in generating all types of stories that are all speculation. Even though the money and fame might be nice, I would never want their lives because of the media and papparazzi BS that comes with it. Sometimes I wonder how its legal for them to follow celebs around and make up lies. Seems like that would break some law. I don't feel as bad for actors and actresses because they chose that Hollywood lifestyle, but the professional sports players are just making a living off being good at a sport, but somehow the hollywood crap finds them. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Entertainment

• I think it is crap for all of them actors and actresses too. Just like the sports stars are making a living off of their talent. They did not put their real lives out there by doing a movie they just where show casing their talent. By pretending to be a person on tv or a movie by no means gives people a right to obsess over what they do in their own time. Just like being good at a sport should not open up the flood gate into watching these people every second of the day.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 1:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• No, I do not feel sorry for them/Celebrities. When they became famous, they new that there would be know more privacy or very little. With all the money they have. They can pay for privacy. Big houses. Tall fences, body guards

Answer by louise2 at 1:52 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Nope, I don't feel sorry for them...There are many celebrities that can sucessfully stay out of the spotlight because they want too. Tim and Faith for one. I think in Tiger's instance, he made it worse by his actions, that is what caused the media frenzy.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Some celebs I would feel sorry for. There are some celebs and sports figures who manage to keep their lives low key, then something bad happens and there goes the papparazzi. The ones I don't feel sorry for are the celebs who are attention whores and beg for attention with their stupid behavior, then cry about being followed by the media. Like Britney Spears. As for Tiger Woods, I think if he just met with the police, he could have put an end to all the rumors right away. By putting off interviews, he is leaving the nosier people to draw their own conclusions, fair or not.
    Anonymous

• no way the $ is worth it
    sweetie00

Answer by sweetie00 at 5:45 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• NOOOO! They know what type of lifestyle comes with being a celebrity or a sports star. They make tons of money and they can pay to keep their business private. There are some celebrities that know how to keep their private life private, such as Jay-Z and Beyonce
    tabc531

Answer by tabc531 at 6:15 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I do in certain situations like when a celebrities family member or someone close to them dies and the media is all over it. Like when John Travolta's son died and there was all these tabloids speculating on what "really" happened. I mean come on, they lost their son, some things do not need to made into a story. But for the most part celebrities are in the spotlight like it or not and with money comes fame and with fame comes scandal. As for Tiger Woods the whole thing is stupid, it is one thing for the media to make a big deal out of it, but the police seem to be making way to big of a deal out it, but like someone else said if he would have just answered a few questions things would have not been as crazy.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 6:26 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• No not Adult celebs but the younger kids I do because sometimes a kid just wants to be a kid and they cant be...so most likely they end up like Lindsay Lohan or Brittany spears or her sister
    Anonymous

• yes, I do, when those papparzzi vultures swarm them when they are bringing home a new baby or grieving the loss of someone they loved. their entire lives shouldn't be media fodder, it's just a job.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 10:30 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I do feel sorry for them. We do not own them and they do not owe us anything. I think it is sick on how people seem to think that just because they are famous that they have to loose some of their privacy. If they want you to know something, they will tell you....same as everyone else. So, for all of those who think that they need to show everything, grow up.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 3:59 AM on Dec. 3, 2009