what can i do for heat rash

My daughter has heat rash bad. Her dr. saw it the other day and said there is not to much i can do but keep her cool. Well since it is so cold outside I usually have the heat one. What can I do and what can I put on her skin to help it go away she is six months and she doesn't even know its there. It's bothering mom more than baby!

mylilladybug

Asked by mylilladybug at 1:48 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just dress her in as little as you can without her getting cold.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:49 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• When my babies got heat rash in the winter, I'd turn the heater on, and let them scoot around in only a diaper for about an hour a few times a day. That helped a lot, as did dusting the area with a little cornstarch powder. Good luck!

NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 2:13 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• NightPhoenix

• Dress her more lightly!
    Rule of thumb is to dress babies in the same number of layers or same type of clothes you feel comfortable in. So if you're comfy in light PJ pants and a t shirt, a onesie and lightweight pants are fine for her.
    Aquaphore works pretty good for healing rashy skin but really, the best thing to do is not overdress her. If her skin is starting to look red, she's wearing too much.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 2:44 PM on Dec. 1, 2009