Is it too soon to want a 2cd child when your 1st is a year old?

we want a big family -My Husband and I. Now that my Son is turning into a toddler more so then an infant. I miss caring for a baby. We want 3 kids. But I fear that I cant handle a small toddler and a newborn at once.

Super09Mom

Asked by Super09Mom at 1:51 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• nope i got pregnant and wanted my 2nd just aorund that time. My son just turned 2 and my 2nd will be born ina few weeks :) i wanted them clos ein age.
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 1:59 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I would say that if you think about it, discuss it with DH, and decide you can handle it emotionally, financially, and mentally...go ahead. There is no wrong or right time to wait. You may wait until ds is a little more independent as he approaches two before you start trying...and also remember that nine months is a long time for a toddler. By the time you get pregnant, carry the baby, and give birth...ds will be a lot more independent than he is right now. My daughter turned two in October and despite the her frequent tantrums while in public...she's usually pretty easy to handle.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 1:59 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I have an almost 1 year old, and one on the way, my two will be 14 months apart!!! It wasnt on purpose. We definitely wanted them close in age, i just didnt mean for them to be THIS close lol....its been hard. Being pregnant with a little one getting into everything is beyond exhausting! But it is definitely possible!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:12 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I waited 3 years before having my 2nd!!!! I wanted to make sure I could handle it emotionally, financially, and mentally! Plus I got one out of diapers! Just thought it would be easier on me and my pocket!
    MarineAngel831

Answer by MarineAngel831 at 2:58 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Nature spaces them the way they need to be spaced if mom nurses exclusively and most people don't get fertile again until around 9-15 months postpartum while doing that. We let nature space ours and they are almost exactly 25 months apart and it wasn't that difficult.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:11 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• my 2 girls are a 1yr and 10months apart you will be busy but its not that bad....and i am also pregnant and my oldest and youngest are 1yr and 10 months apart and now my youngest and soon to be will be 1yr and 9 months apart.but with 2 only 1 yr and 10 months apart in the beginning i was kinda busy..now that they are 1 and my other is 2 1/2 its busier but still not bad....
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 3:12 PM on Dec. 1, 2009