So I've been hearing a lot about Essure...

I have been considering a tubal and asking questions about it. I've had many CMers mention essure. How was the procedure? Painful? Did your insurance cover it? If not what was the cost to you? Are you happy with it? Thanks for your input.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Health

• I had it done in August. I actually just had the confirmation x-ray last week. It was a bit uncomfortable (the x-ray) but not bad. As for the procedure itself. You can read about it here. I wrote it all down for ladies who wanted to know more about it. My insuranced covered it since it was just a doctor visit. I am VERY happy with it.

purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:47 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Unless it was medically necessary, I wouldn't purposely insert something into my body.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:54 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I had it done 2 1/2 yrs ago. The prodedure was simple and done in the doctors office. I had some cramping but nothing worse than my period. I was back to work the next day. My insurance totally covered the procedure. The test they did a couple months after I did have to pay partially for. I'm very happy with it.
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 4:22 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Hey purpleducky, Thanks for sharing the journal entry. I'm definitely going to talk to my doctor about it, seems like the best option for me. I have good insurance so I'm pretty sure its covered. Is the valium standard? Because I always get nervous and panicky before any type of procedure(should see me at the dentist). 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:52 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Yes, the amount of drugs they give is standard. It is to calm you down specifically. Everyone I have talked to has gotten something like Valium before hand plus the local plus the cervical block.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:26 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• When I had mine done I didn't have Valium. Just took some Advil before I went. While there all I had the cervical block. Also, my husband was in the room with me and watched it done.
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 3:41 PM on Dec. 2, 2009