good, affordable bra suggestions please (for pregnancy and nursing)

well i'm 10-11 weeks pregnant now and i have that unattractive bulge from my boobs overflowing my pre-pregnancy bras. not comfortable, not pretty ;)

i have a 2 year old son and with him i just wore regular bras until he was born and then bought really cheap crappy nursing bras. a year later i really wished i had invested in good nursing bras so i want to go ahead and do that now.

i don't have a lot of money unfortunately but does anyone know of some good nursing bras i could get for about $30 or less??? i know i have to pray that my boobs don't get too much huger! :) i don't mind buying just 2 and then washing them a lot. if i have to buy more in 8 months, that's ok too....

thanks

Stefanie83

Asked by Stefanie83 at 2:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 2 words: sports bra! I'm a bf mom.....all i wear!
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 2:04 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Kohl's has some that I liked and Motherhood maternity Also Victoria Secret sells them on-line as well
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:05 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• For pregnancy I just wore my regular bras but a size or two bigger towards the end. I like them from Gap Body. For nursing I got a great night time sleep bra from Target that was like $12.00. I think I bought like four of them. They are like sports bras, they go over the head, but they're a little looser so they're not as restrictive (nice when that milk first comes in!) and rather than unbuckle anything you just pull it to the side. After a while I didn't even use the other nursing bras. Just my regular bras and my night time ones.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:08 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I bought some from Target and some from WalMart that worked well for me throughout my pregnancy and for nursing afterwards. I loved the Target nursing tank tops.
    Anonymous

• Depends what size you are. I'm huge up top, so I ordered mine from Motherhood maternity online. I had to get the underwire ones because my chest was so big and I needed the support. I like them. They were only $22. I don't really like their sleeping bras. They were not supportive at all. My chest just hung and made my back hurt. I agree is Anonymous above. I got a couple nursing tank tops from Target. They are so nice to have when you are just hanging out around the house. They are $16 each.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 3:02 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• i also had the target nursing tanks! i loved them for around the house but if i wore them outside the house i felt extremely uncomfy and saggy. i have pretty big boobs myself. i'm really afraid to order online. i want to try it on first. i'm so worried that i'll measure wrong and waste money on shipping....
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 3:07 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Motherhood maternity has some wonderful nursing bras for less than $20. I have like 4 and love them all.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 3:34 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Stefanie83, I was worried about ordering online as well. The reason I had to order online was because they didn't have one big enough for me in the store. I went into Motherhood Maternity and tried on the biggest size they had of the underwire nursing bra. It was almost big enough, so I just ordered the next size up online. They fit perfect. This is the link to the one I ordered:
    http://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=982520361&MasterCategory_Id=MC29

I also bought this one in a 2X. It is pretty comfortable, but not super supportive. I would wear it under a sweatshirt or something baggy so you couldn't tell I was sagging.
    http://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=993890361&MasterCategory_Id=MC29
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 4:29 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• thanks so much moviemom! i'm definitely going to try to get to motherhood sometime in the near future. i'm glad to see that they are affordable and hopefully i can find some i like. :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:08 PM on Dec. 1, 2009