a sitter

i am in desperate need of a sitter! occasional for right now and then more often when i start working. i need someone dependable, own vehicle, no smoke or drink, will play outside with my 3 yr old, assist with potty training, interact with her, do breakfast lunch and snack. she dont need naps.
i did have her in daycare but they give a late nap wich makes her go to bed to late for me, and i had a sitter but god forbid she get up off her butt to take brooke outside... anyone know anyone?

bobbie_xo

Asked by bobbie_xo at 2:10 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• try care.com
    i think thats the name.. you have nto pay for it like 30 bucks but it given you unlimited choices of sitter in your area. the 30 a month covers the background check the sitters have to go threw. and if you find your sitter within the first month then cancel your account. well worth it to me.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 2:22 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• www.sittercity.com

www.care.com

Ask other moms at your child's school for referrals.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:07 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Me me me!!!!! Just kidding. I agree finding ref from people you know/ trust. Also try posting on craigslist. I always see nanny/sitters avail, but never any positions for them. Good luck.
    mom06and09

Answer by mom06and09 at 2:33 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Hi, this is Stacy. I’m a member of Care.com’s Mom Force—a team of work-at-home moms that helps with safety and customer service. I may be biased but as a mom I think Care.com is an amazing resource for finding care providers. The site offers free background checks, uses the Mom Force to review all care providers and job posts before we post them online, and gives you access to recorded references and reviews to help you decide who to hire. They also have exclusive members-only features like Care-on-Call (for last-minute care), Care Exchange (to meet families who want to exchange babysitting and pet sitting services). Plus an amazing selection so you’ll be able to find a match that’s right for you and your family. Good Luck in your search.
    SSCleve

Answer by SSCleve at 2:02 PM on Feb. 9, 2010