vacuums?

i am looking to buy a new vacuum, what the best one you have had or used, and where did you get it?

ashleywilkerson

Asked by ashleywilkerson at 2:11 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I love my electrolux...they are pricey but they are guaranteed and last forever and they offer a trade in option for non-functioning units. They give you credit towards the new one.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:12 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I live in a house with 7 cats, 2 dogs, and a toddler, so I NEED a great vacuum. The best one so far has been my trusty Miele (you can get them online, not sure about actual stores). When it broke after about 10 years, I got a Dyson, but I have to say, I much prefer the Miele. They're both pretty pricey, but I've never had any luck with the cheap ones...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:41 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• i have a great one also, not nearly as expensive as the ones above, but good just the same. Hoover w/cord retractor. picks up all of my cats hair with no problem. about $130, have had it for a while, still has great suction.
    Anonymous

• The best vacuum that I have ever used is my husband’s Ridgid shopvac. It is make to suck up nails; it can get whatever your family throws at it.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:04 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• We have a Dyson DC24 that we use for our downstairs since it is mostly hardwoods.
    Upstairs we have the DC25 Animal
    They both are a PAIN on the staircase though..
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 5:18 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• The best "modern" vacuum I've ever owned is my Hoover Wind Tunnel. I bought it from Fingerhut back in 1997. I still use it to this day. I like BAG vacuums too, not the bagless. They just seem to let dust or dirt fly around. Now I haven't tried all of them, but have heard similar things from others.

I don't know if you can still buy the Hoover Wind Tunnel Vacuum or not, but if you can, it should be good and last you a long time!
    2bme

Answer by 2bme at 10:15 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I have a Kirby and LOVE it! I had a Dyson and was not impressed at all. My kirby can do just about everything from vacuuming, cleaning the carpets, to changing a light bulb! lol I can also use it like a "blower" and if I really wanted to get creative you can buy an attachment to paint your house! lol
    It is a little heavy so going up an down the stairs is a chore, but I think of it as a "work out" 5 days a week lol.
    bgcmommy

Answer by bgcmommy at 12:15 AM on Dec. 27, 2009