Help!!! Need advice on fun age appropriate things for a 16th bday party for my daughter....

I am in desperate need of advice or ideas on what i can do for my daughters 16th bday on Dec. 23rd. I need something budget friendly as it is the holiday season and i am a single mother of 3. Please help me!!

ahassell

Asked by ahassell at 2:14 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Ask her what she wants, money to buy a cute outfit with and go shopping with friends may be easy and doable for her, or maybe a slumber party, movie date...lunch date with friends (buy apetizers only)....ummm......My cousin just turned 16, all she wanted to do was get money and go to basketball games, basically hang out with her best friend all day and keep her spending money!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:30 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Movies, makeovers(the girls bring their own supplies-make up, hair styling products, etc), do it yourself pizza and dessert, all an overnight thing. Take pictures of it all and put it together in a personalizable photo album.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 3:06 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• What does she like? Some teens volunteer with a group of friends, like a park cleanup or afternoon at a food bank, and then go out for pizza, bowling, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:02 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• midnight bowling including the boys plus a slumber party with just the girls watching movies would be fun...might cost about $100 for about 10 people bowling depending on where you live...not sure if that's in your budget or not

or just let her have a dance party and invite many friends over...you'll just have to cover some snacks and drinks...maybe let her pick out some cute decorations for $20
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 10:28 AM on Dec. 2, 2009