excited about finding the perfect cup! i thought i would share!

moms everywhere im excited my 13month old is drinking from a sippy. i have tried every sippy cup ever made until i noticed that when i gave him a cup he wouldnt tip it he would just hold it and suck. then it dawned on me STRAW SIPPY!! so i bought 2 munckin soft straw sippy. at first he didnt know what to do but after a few weeks i gave him one and he sucked on it and carried it around everywhere. now im getting rid of bottles and using straw.who knew that his cup of choice was going to be a straw cup. THANK LORD I CAN SAY GOOD BYE TO BOTTLES!!!! thought i would just share my happiness!

saraelf

Asked by saraelf at 2:16 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Is it a pain to clean it? I bought some strw sippies for my toddlers and I hated cleaning and reassmbling them so much I went back to sippies with built in valves.
    Anonymous

• Congratulations! It's a big accomplishment. Our nuby sippy cup's top broke and I was trying to get him to use the same munckin one's but he'd just look at me and sign water. So I resorted to a foogoo sippy cup. Drinking from a straw helps exercise their cheek muscles for speech. WTG MOM!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 2:20 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• its not a pain cause its a built in valve with no lid. it sometimes leaks when there is liquid at the very tip but its only a few drops then it stops. there only thing that comes off is the straw inside. i love it i just cleaned 2 by hand and it took me maybe 5 mins.
    saraelf

Answer by saraelf at 2:22 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• to anon this is the one im talking about. munchkin as alot of straw cups but this one is the easiest to clean. i found them at walmart for about 6 bucks for 2. http://www.munchkin.com/products/detail.html?section=prodCategories&pID=1098
    saraelf

Answer by saraelf at 2:26 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Thanks for explaining. Maybe I'll try again.
    Anonymous

• Wonderful!
    He's a big boy now!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:13 AM on Dec. 2, 2009