Car Insurance

I wasn't sure where to put this x.x

If I switch my car insurance over to Mississippi from Florida do I have to register my car here and get new plates as well? We're only going to be living here until April and then we are moving to Louisiana =\ Help!! I don't know what I am supposed to do here!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Travel

• Your vehicle must be registerd with the state that your insurance is in. Your car insurance could go up if you register it in a different state. I switched from nc to ny and mine was cut in half. I got lucky. I wouldn't switch. If you are worried because you car needs to be inspected than you can just get an insurance inspection. That way you can get it inspected in Mississippi and still keep your tags.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 2:35 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I think that you can stay with your plates, and then finally when you moved to Louisiana do all the changes.... (plates & insurance)
    adita1152

Answer by adita1152 at 6:30 PM on Dec. 5, 2009