is it Normal to feel Fat while pregnant? (also posted in pregnancy)

i mean its like an obsession. yes i reaserch on the baby, but most of the time i reaserch on weight loss and excersize, before and after photos so i can visualize myself gettin back to beeing thin. i dont like beeing pregnat. yes in a sense i do because i can feel the baby and i love the baby, but i dont like getting big and having a belly, even a small one. is this normal. i just keep counting down the days till i have the baby so i can start an excersize and diet programm. i look at other beutifule women and feel jelouse of their figure. what can i do? i feel so unsexy most days. i do have my happy beutifule days, but most of the time im so self conciouse about my belly, my thighs. i hope i can look good by the summer. im due on April 3rd. i find myself getting so angry when i catch my husband looking at a thin non pregnant woman. it kills me a little inside. have you ever felt this way. what did you do?

prinzesa_edith

Asked by prinzesa_edith at 2:32 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Well I felt fat (actually enormous!) but that's because I gained 60lbs during my pregnancy! So I was lol. If it helps, here's my before and after pics :) Try not to stress about it too much, you'll lose it in no time after having your baby!

Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:37 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Well I felt fat (actually enormous!) but that's because I gained 60lbs during my pregnancy! So I was lol. If it helps, here are my before and after pics :) Try not to stress about it too much, you'll lose it in no time after having your baby!

Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:39 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Weird, I fixed a grammar error and now it won't let me delete the 1st post!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:40 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• dont compare yourself to photos of before and after pics! all women are different! Celebrities can afford the best nutritionists or just get surgery. Some women NEVER lose the weight, others lose a ton of weight, some lose it all when the baby is born, some much much longer. I used to be a lovely size 10 pre pregnancy, 1 month post partum I was a size 18. I am currently 19 months post partum and a size 14. I am still 25 lbs away from my pre pregnancy weight. I eat healthy and i am physically active...this is just...my new body. I have learned to live with it! I wear clothes that fit me nicely and that makes me look "thinner". Curves are very sexy! You have to also realize, you might be gaining weight and it sucks, BUT your body is powerful and healthy! A baby is growing inside of you! The weight you gain during pregnancy is healthy for the baby, especially if you know you have a healthy lifestyle!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:09 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I had the same feelings you are experiencing now whilst i was pregnant , i also used to get quite jelly when my partner would glimpse at a slim woman. i felt really unattractive and unsexy. no matter how much assurance i got from my partner and family nothing could make me feel any better. eventually i got so fed up with feeling miserable i realised that this is only going to last 9 months and that i should treasure this experience, because pregnancy is a beautiful thing. once i had my baby the weight just dropped off rapidly without me even noticing it as i was so busy tending to the new baby and juggling a household. I also found with both of my pregnancies that breastfeeding helped me loose weight very fast, my kids practically sucked it all out of me. good luck with this and let me know how you get on. i know how you feel, just remember you are a strong, independant woman!! hope this helps.
    CASSANDRA.L

Answer by CASSANDRA.L at 7:00 AM on Dec. 3, 2009