Labor?????

I couldn't find an answer to this question yet, I prob just didn't look in the right place. I am 3 days till due, and I have been having menstrual type cramps for the past few days. I go to the doc again tomorrow, so I'm not incredibly eager to go to doc now. I was just wondering if this is a sign of labor or not... It just feels like I am about to start my monthly, but it's not very painful... Please advise.. Thank you!

jean_marie1987

Asked by jean_marie1987 at 2:33 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• when in doubt allways call your dr to talk with them.
    however if its not very painful then its probally not it. llol sorry but even the begining of labor is painful.
    try (if its allowed) walking around going up and down stairs and hills.(this put me into labor) and eating spicy food and making love. if your really in a hurry. but like i said as long as your dr says its ok..your probally getting a nesting instict where your mind and body is getting ready for the baby.
    i was in the middle of doing laundry when i went into full blown labor and had to leave for the hospital.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 2:36 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• yeah that happened to me for a week its getting your baby & body ready! they are just little contractions its normal you will know when its labor trust me!
    Zandrialeann

Answer by Zandrialeann at 2:44 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• i thin kit is probably early labor contractions, which can go on for weeks. :) now if they are come-and-go and you have several in an hour, it could mean that labor will start soon. gl!
    Anonymous

• Probably early labor- if you can breathe or talk while having the pain you are still in early labor is what they told me at our classes. They can go for weeks, off and on, more regular and less regular before active labor actually starts. Once they begin to be really regular, get closer, and increase in pain frequency to where you can't breathe or talk normally, then you should call your doctor.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 2:56 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I had the menstraul type constant cramps for about 3 weeks before both my inductions. I wouldnt call the doctor for that but if it helps to ease your mind... I am sure you wont be the first call that they have gotten about that:)

Typically you dont call your doc til your contractions (which will come and go and will not be those constant menstrual like cramps) start to increase in frequency, length & strength. Most doctors say 5-1-1 (contractions 5 minutes apart, lasting 1 minute each for one hour) but double check with your OB to make sure that is when they want you to call in
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:40 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• yea you are getting there that happen to me to.its feel like yu cant even walk. you will know when its the real deal...good luck in labor
    Anonymous