My pelvis feels broken

Okay so I am on my second preg. and 20 weeks along. I dont remember my pelvis feeling this bad until my son dropped right around the end of the first preg. My pelvis feels like its cracked. It hurts to walk to the bathroom, let alone walk through the grocery store or any place else. Its mostly on the left side, is this something i should just suck up and deal with or definitely bring it to docs attention next visit. My doc is so hands off its sickening, if i wasnt this far along i would switch OBs.

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 2:36 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Unfortunately, this sounds normal. :-(
    You can go to a chiropractor, acupuncturist, masseuse, etc. You can try prenatal yoga/swimming. And try more pillows in bed.

And no matter how far along moms are, they switch providers, so you could, too. And you might consider a midwife who may be more likely to spend more time helping you avoid complications and to cope with your current complaints.

Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:06 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• You can still switch OB's if you feel he isn't giving you proper care.
    As to the question... I had this with my second child too. It was horrible. I just had to deal with it. I talked to a friend since and she said to buy a maternity belt. She swore it was the only thing that helped. I was really worried about it when I got pregnant again, but it was not an issue with my third pregnancy.
    Good luck!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:40 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I'm pregnant with my 3rd baby right now and my pelvis hurts more with each pregnancy.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:18 PM on Dec. 1, 2009