Who is excited about gun season!?

I am so excited and with school and work I am MAKING time for gun season! First day out today and I got a doe!! Then 20 minutes later my fiance shot a doe! We are so excited! Anyone else who hunts get a deer?

worriedmommy600

Asked by worriedmommy600 at 2:40 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LOL. Nope. The state where I live is filled with hunters.....but I don't like guns. I don't have any relatives who hunt. My college roomate's boyfriend shot a deer and gave us some venison .....I don't like it. We tried to make chili and no matter how much chili powder and onions,etc. we added, it still tasted like deer meat.
    But you have fun now.... do you live in the upper midwest??? LOL.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 2:51 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• My husband and I don't hunt because we don't like the taste of venison, and I think that if you shoor something you ought to eat it. However I have no issues with real hunters. I DO have issues with city boys who borrow a pickup and "go hunting" and shoot at everything that moves, because we live out in the country and both the humans and livestock and pets are in constant danger. Not from hunters, but from idiots.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 2:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I don't hunt but my uncles and cousins do. I love this time of the year because there is always deer suppers! That's when the person who shot the deer has a dinner at their house and everyone goes and eats deer stew and it's sooo good. I love the jerky too.
    Anonymous

• Nope here as well. Dread it every year.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 3:02 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I dont hunt and I dont like the thought of a mommy, daddy or baby deer being taken away from their family....but I am excited that all the men and my family are going to be too busy to visit and they will all be in a good mood if they do !

we live in a small redneck, country town, so you cant go far without seeing a truch with either guns or a pair of antlers attached to it...or something both...
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 3:13 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I live in ohio and we LOVE deer meat. My son is going to be sooo excited when he sees our deer hanging in the garage! He loves deer sticks!!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:14 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Well...I don't hunt, myself (heck, I've never shot a gun!), but my hubby does, and I wish he had time to go out more this year - we're in desperate need of meat and we love deer meat! He really likes to bow hunt, and has yet to get his first deer that way, but he's hoping to get out during all the seasons this year, at least fill 3 tags! (purely for the meat, unless he sees a trophy buck - which will still be eaten, haha!).
    Anonymous

• It's over here in MI, now just muzzleloader & bow.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 3:22 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• My poor hubby is sad. He shot a huge 8 point and after tracking it all day still couldn't find it. That was the first deer he'd seen all season.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 6:36 PM on Dec. 1, 2009