New Years in Vegas?

Has anyone ever done New Years inVegas? We already know we'll know but have slacked on making reservations.... Do you think it will be a problem? I already had checked into nanny services when we first made plans but have slacked yet again on confirming reservations... Is everything packed and chaotic there around New Years? Any tips or advice??

muensters_ma

Asked by muensters_ma at 3:20 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Travel

• I haven't done it but I would bet it is wild and not cheap!!! Have a great time!! I am sure you can still get a room now.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 1:24 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I live here and New Year's is insane! Las Vegas Blvd is completely closed down after dark on the 31st and you can't get anywhere, so it's really difficult to go out unless you're already on the Strip by then. Rooms are usually completely booked at like twice the price, but this year City Center is opening up this month. Vdara just opened today and Aria will be opening on December 16th. You could probably still find a room if you start checking around now. Yes, everything is super packed and chaotic and the casinos won't let you in without a key card from 12 am until 1 am, because the fireworks shows are so huge (and they will be back to shooting off the roofs of the resorts this year) that everyone stays on the strip and then tries to mob the casinos to pee after the show, LOL.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:32 PM on Dec. 2, 2009