babies in the snow

how young is too young to take a baby in the snow?

xxSummaxx13

Asked by xxSummaxx13 at 3:43 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• When my daughter was less than a year old, I took her out in the snow all the time. As long as it was at least 25 degrees out, we'd go on a walk. Just make sure your little one is bundled up.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 4:22 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• We actually stick our babies feet in the snow for the first snow but it's kind of hard to explain why. Do you mean how young is too young to let them play in it?
    Anonymous

• my daughter was out in the snow around 4 months. no we werent playing in it, but we took pictures. she was dressed very warm and we didnt keep her out long. it wouldnt matter how young my baby was. if it is their first snow... then bundle up and go take some pictures!
    Anonymous

• My dd was alost 1 whe we took her out to be pulled on a sled. i think they all need a little fresh air so it cant hurt to bundle them up and take them out for a bit.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• as long as they are dressed properly I dont see any age as too young.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 4:47 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Well, a baby is probably too young. A toddler (12 months and over) would be okay I would think.

I mean...as asked by others, what age are you thinking? I wouldn't take a newborn to play in the snow. I'm pretty sure a baby who can't crawl or walk yet isn't going to do much playing anyway.......there is a point where it's actually pointless to put a baby in the snow.
    Anonymous

• My youngest got her first taste of snow at 11 months. It was the 2nd time we had snow that season. The first time we ended up being busy all day and none of the kids got the chance (she was like 8 or 9 months that time). She didn't particularly care for it. I think partly because her snowsuit was too small on her by then. She just cried.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:49 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Ok, I'm a little confused...do you mean taking your child outside in the snow, or actually putting your child IN the snow?

Anonymous

• My son was about 5 months old. I bundled him up and sat him in a pile of snow, took pics and watched his little face light up and try to catch snowflakes.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:24 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Walks and things like that I would say about 6 months depending on how cold it is and how long you plan on staying out. Playing in the snow, as soon as they can walk and wear snow clothes, for a limited time depending on temp.
    Anonymous