how often should i be

bathing my son hes 4 1/2 months old and i give him a bath 2 times a week unless he seems dirty then i will wash him more. is that enough or should i be doing it more often?

katieBennett

Asked by katieBennett at 3:45 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son is 6 months old and ive been giving him a bath every night since he was born. its part of our bed time routine. play time, nice warm bath w/ bubbles, lotion & massage, and then a warm bottle. i like to give him a bath at night because he gets formula, and cereal & fruit, and germs and poop & pee on him all day. i wouldnt want to be dirty like that. i take a shower every day. and its fun for him. its something to do. he loves his bath. and it helps him relax for bed.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 4:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• My doctor recommends 2 to 3 times a week until they are 4 months old. After that anytime is fine.
    Anonymous

• I bathed them every night or every other night at that age. The bath will start to get very fun soon. You can get a bath ring and they love it in there.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:00 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• What you are doing is fine. Babies don't really do anything to get dirty and the weather is cooler this time of year so your little one isn't getting gross sweat build up. Besides that, too many baths can lead to drying of their skin...especially this time of year.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 11:32 PM on Dec. 1, 2009