Please tell me I am not pregnant...

Two weeks ago I had my Mirena removed (for side effects and stuff, I decided to go back on the patch, I had the Mirena for over a year). Following the dr's advice, I went straight from her office to the pharmacy and filled my RX for the patch. There was about an hour between. I have had sex a few times since I switched (the dr didn't specifically say if I was supposed to use back up or not, but knowing what I know, I assumed I was safe since my body pretty much was never without the extra hormones). I had a weird period, obviously my body just switching. Now I am having pregnancy symptoms! I just need someone to ease my mind and tell me it is just my body adjusting to the hormones!
I have to pee a lot, my breasts are abnormally sore and I swear they are a little bigger too. I have been pregnant and I really don't think I am (what are the chances?!) But I just need someone else to reassure me!!!

TJandKarasMom

Asked by TJandKarasMom at 3:52 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i think it definitely could be pregnancy OR it could be from the hormones being out of whack from BC. good luck :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 3:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I have taken just about every bc on the market..with all of them having side effects that sound similar to yours..not every single one of course but i have a sensitive body so i did have sore boobs and whatnot...i would just call the dr and ask and go from there if you are still paranoid i would just take a test!!! I think you are fine since there was no break in the meds!
    Anonymous

• I really don't think your pregnant. Birth Control has all kinds of weird side effects, plus you didn't go that long with out it. I think your head is just messing with you. Relax
    Kaytedid

Answer by Kaytedid at 5:07 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• It could be either. I'd test to be sure. No one here can accurately tell you that you are or are not pregnant. Even without the hour inbetween bc's you could still get pregnant.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:14 PM on Dec. 1, 2009