Why Do You Post Anonymously?

Just curious. I can really understand posting anon if you are embarressed by the content or it's information that you don't want your 'IRL' friends/family to see (i.e. a vent about a DH) but why when it comes to opinions? Political Views? Religious Ideas?

I just seems to me that looking at a mass of anon replies is kind of detracting from the convo. For all we know one person could be playing four parts of the argument, you know?

So whats your reasoning behind hitting the anon button?

ethans_momma06

Asked by ethans_momma06 at 4:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ok I've answered this before so I may sound like I am repeating myself! IRL, I am very shy. Yes I know it is the internet but I'm painfully shy! I really don't know why I care what random people I don't know think of me but that is just how I am and I feel like I can be more honest when I am posting anon. I'm getting better! I've been answering some questions non anon but it's kind of like a habit now to hit the anon button.
    Anonymous

• I've always wondered if the OP sometime writes a mean question then answers Anon just to kick up dust and keep the thread going. I hit Anon if I share personal info that I wouldn't normally tell a stranger.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 4:07 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Because I dont like being harassed in PMs
    Anonymous

• I answer anonymously because my ex's girlfriend has a cafemom account and I don't know if she knows my username or not and I don't want to risk the chance that she checks out my answers to see if I'm talking shit or whatnot.
    Anonymous

• Same for me.. I only, which is rarely hit the anon buttom but when I do its only cause Im sharing TMI , the kind thats a little embarressing.
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 4:10 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• For the most part, I hit anon because I've noticed a lot of people on here will randomly pick personal information from your profile and attack you as a person, not just disagree with you opinion. One woman was making fun of this lady's son's name, which I thought was totally uncalled for...so I wrote in to tell her so...and she started making mean statements about dd's name. It's not that I really take insults seriously because I believe what I believe after much research and prayer and thought...but when you pull in my daughter for no good reason, or my hair, or my appearance or anything else that is not important in the convo just to be mean and nasty, it really kind of makes me mad because I don't do that to other people and I'd like to be treated with the same respect. So I post anon if I think my opinion will be unpopular with the others so nobody can come back and say "Of course you think that, you're from the south"
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 4:12 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I do the anon thing when I do not want certain people on my friends list to see my answers since it shows up when we answer questions on here! Plus sometimes the info is personal (TMI kind of thing)
    beccan

Answer by beccan at 4:13 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Because sometimes I want to post about a personal experience, but don't want everyone knowing it was mine.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 4:14 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Its not that often but if I do its cuz I dont want nasty emails from my response and I know that my unpopular opinion will get those.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:20 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Because cafemom is the worse place for getting attacked & bashed for every thing you say that isn't agreed with by others. There are very few nice moms on here & I don't need to get crap from others who don't like my opinions.
    Anonymous