Feel like I am drownding!!!

We have so much debt, most of it medical bills. Dh had insurance with is last job, lost it then ended up in the icu, and now he has insurance again, but its ofcourse not going to cover that or his preexisting condition (diabeties type 1)... And ofcourse while he was unemployed bills backedup. Now alot of things have been sent to collections. I'm trying my hardest to get my husband to sit down and come up with a budget.. but its like he just wants to live in the lala land that none of it really matters. I don't know how or what to do with him. I'm tempted to just take over the finances my self... but know that right now that could end our marriage. We have 5 kids, I don't want to break up our family... but how do I get him to see how important it is to get on the ball here and make a plan to cut down these bills... I get that come tax season all except our van payment will be payed off.......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Money & Work

• .... but that is still 3-4 mo away and we need to get control of this now before our wages start to get garnished. That happens I don't think our land lord will work with us. I'm doing everythign I can to manage my end of it.. household budget and groceries, but the other bills need attention too. Its almost as he has just given up. I don't want him to feel like I have no faith in him.. I do.. but right now, like I said, he seems to have just given up.

Any advice on what I can do, and how I can do it. He has talked about just consolidating everythign with a debt company... but we did that several years ago and it took forever to recover credit wise from that. AT this rate we will never own our own home or start our own business like we have allwyas wanted. I feel so stressed... if it weren't for the kids.... I'd probably just give up too.
    Anonymous

• You need to sit down with him and explain it all to him. Hopefully he will understand how serious the situation is. Have you ever thought about working from home to make some extra mI am a stay at home Mom to a 2 year old and 8 month old. I work with a great team of Moms; we help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory, No MLM! WEEKLY PAY! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS. The best part is I can make money and be with my Family!!!
    You can have the best of both worlds too.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Check out my website
    http://www.4MyFamilyandMe.com/
    oney to pay off your debt? I work from home and I love what I do!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 4:32 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Must posts always become commercials for direct sales companies that earn you ZIP and just get the poster someone in their downline??? Sheesh, if it was doing so well you wouldn't be on cafemom posting your "opportunity" a million times BUT working.

OP, I would suggest getting the book: Smart Couples Finish Rish by David Bach and take the time to read it and then hand it to your husband and ask him to read it, even if it's just the first 1 or 2 chapters. I think it will help him wake up. We are now almost debt free....only thing left is our house, thanks to the advice in this book.
    Anonymous

• I think the only way your husband will wake up the seriousness of your fiances is to have the wages garnished, Then you'll really have to work with what you have left.  Good luck

Anonymous