Searching christian, but am pagan curious...

My SO found me reading a book about Pagans and Christians and he got really mad at me(he is Lutheran). I have just recently in the last 5 months starting searching for God. I was not brought up spiritually. Alot of ?'s and doubt. Any good resources that are legit?

My3RaysofSun

Asked by My3RaysofSun at 4:33 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel..Its a must read and very factual. Its not a feely good book, just straight up info that you could research.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:36 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• The bible... if your curious, why not just go straight to the source?

daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 4:40 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Is there a Family Christian Store near you? Check it out! They have their sections marked... I get lost in there.

mz_erica03

Answer by mz_erica03 at 4:42 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I love, love, love all of Lee Strobel's works. I agree with the PP and would recommend reading them. It will give you direction to answer a lot of questions you may have.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 4:45 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• If you are looking for pagan material to read then I suggest any of the Idiot Guide books(Id do it for Christian as well).
    They are easy to understand, straight to a point, and give good, broad information.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:14 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I guess it depends on what you are looking FOR.

I am a big fan of the Idiots line as well as the Dummies line and I have recently started to love the Everything books... All of them are great for learning about different religious paths. Let me know if you want my list of suggested reading. I will message it to you. There is some great basic information on a number of paths there as well...

I also have a great group here that you could check out. I have some information there about a number of different paths and there are a number of us from a number of different paths as well. So your questions are welcome!
    ~End Religious Intolerance and Ignorance
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/EndReligiousHate

BTW, tell your DH to shove it! Religion is a very personal thing and what is right for him, may not be what is right for you!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:29 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I dont want this to sound so generic, but you could pray to God and let him know you are searching for him.
    Barnes and Nobles have a religion section too.
    And yes the bible. But which one, right?
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• A most excellent book is The Everlasting Man by G K Chesterton, and there is also Christianity for Modern Pagans by um, I forget. It's upstairs but I'm too lazy to get it!

Everlasting Man offers a fresh view of Christianity from the point of ancient pagan religions. I re-read it every year.

shellbyrne

Answer by shellbyrne at 9:51 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• did Lee Strobel reearch the sabbath?
    Anonymous

• For books on the Pagan path, I suggest Pentacle Press and Lllewellyn Worldwide.

Books by Scott Cunningham are wonderful.

NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:27 PM on Dec. 1, 2009