How can I get him anything?

for Christmas that is...Im a stay at home mom with a newborn and a 19 month old. My husband is in the military so we are stationed far from any family and I do not know anyone who could babysit(none that I trust). How can I get hubby a present and say it's "from me" if I buy it with money HE makes...just doesn't seem like its really from me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Holidays

• Because when you get married "me" becomes "us" =) Its your money too.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 5:17 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Of course it's your money. Don't you ever take money out and spend it on what you want?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 5:48 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Anonymous

• If it is JESUS birthday why is every one else getting gifts.. it is not our birth day... MARRY CHRISTMAS.. NOT Happy holiday AT OUR HOUSE..
    Anonymous

• Don't buy anything. Bake him homemade cookies.
    Anonymous

• Wow, Anon 6:18 can tout religion but can't spell worth a damn. It's Merry Christmas. Oh, and it's Jesus' birthday (the apostrophe shows ownership). And yes, I can correct spelling and grammatical errors if you want to bash a woman for wanting to get her husband a Christmas present.

OP, it's the thought not the gift that counts. Bake him something he loves or make him a cd with his favorite songs on it. Make him a collage of family pictures. Those gifts mean more than anything you can buy in the store anyway.

But as everyone said, there is no "his money" and "my money" anymore. The money belongs to both of you. He works outside the home and collects the paycheck, and you work inside the home, cooking, cleaning and tending to everyone's needs. In many ways, your job is harder. That money is joint property, you earn it as much as he does.
    Anonymous

• You can buy a few presents that you know he likes for under the tree but make sure you do a few personal things too to show you love him. Bake cookies, rent a movie you know he wants to see, have you baby make an art project and frame it for him. He'll cherish the thought put into things like that.
    Anonymous