Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

16 yr. old problems

I recently asked a question concerning my son and i had to split it up into to parts because I ran out of characters and I am getting a lot of negative feedback because all the facts are split up. I really do need advice.. But could you please read both before you attack me . It's posted under my 16 yr. old is becoming abusive.

Answer Question

Asked by flowerchid72 at 5:08 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

Level 5 (83 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • Well, now I can see what some people are talking about, with some of the answers you have been given.
    First of all, 16 is a very tricky age and I really am feeling for you both.
    If your son has been gone for a day, I'd call the police to report it. I'd also call your husband, and explain the situation. It may make things a little worse, but truly, how much worse can it get?
    Someone else mentioned counselling. Maybe you should try that. I have gone to a counsellor and it helps to talk things out with an objective person. He/she may help you define your parenting with teens, help you define your status with your husband and help you figure out what YOU want to do.
    As far as being abusive, I can understand why your son may have pushed you. He's angry and hurt. It's not an adult reaction, but it's the best that he knows. When he is home and calm, try to talk about it. Good luck!!!!

    Answer by kjrn79 at 5:17 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

  • I am here to say that i'm sorry if you thought my answer was "negative feedback". It would have been more helpful if in the second question you would have stated that this was question part 2.
    I did just add one last answer to that question and my response hasn't changed much. (i still think he needs counseling, not "punishment"). but it is good to hear that you weren't doing something behind your husbands back.

    Answer by outstandingLove at 5:25 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

  • After reading both parts I have to say poor baby about your son, I really mean it. His father has given him WAY too much responsibility with that one stupid "man of the house statement"! Is there any way he would talk to DS and tell him he made a mistake and clarify that you are in charge and will be taking responsibility for the $ ect. ...? If not you need to talk to DS and fix this. As far as the way he treated you it is very wrong, but try to see all the anger he probably has about this situation the flirting was probably a last straw for him. I think a few counseling sessions to have an outside person back you up would be a good idea.

    Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.