Anyone want to share labor stories?

I just thought it'd be fun to see what other moms went through during labor and it could be helpful for first-time mommies-to-be!

I have a 9 week old little girl.

Here's my story:

At 36 weeks I was dilated 5 cm. and 75% effaced. I didn't go into active labor until 39 weeks.

I got to the hospital, still 5 cm. and 75% effaced. Within two hours I started feeling intense pain and my entire body was shaking, head to toe. I was in so much pain I decided I wanted an epidural.

The anesthesiologist came in after 20 more min. and my nurse decided to check me one more time. She was surprised to see I had gone from 7 cm. to fully dilated in just 20 min. and I was ready to push. No epi. for me :(

The nurse called for my OB and started helping me push. My daughter's head came out right as my OB walked in! I only pushed for 20 min. So a total of 2 hrs. and 40 min. of labor.

javila

Asked by javila at 5:12 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• mines 6 days old today! I went in to get induced on the 25th, and i was already 3cm dilated and in early labor.(must have been all the rasberry tea..lol) they did administer small amounts of pitocen, and that worked good.......before my midwife broke my water i opted for the epidural, knowing that once my water had broken it would be tough. It went smoothly from there, and when it came time to push, my husband was there to deliver her. the midwife just stayed alongside him telling him what to do. It took me about 4 min. to push her out....she was 6pounds 10 oz. my smallest baby. i also have 2 boys ...one was 7 12 the other 8 pounds. This was such a great experience, and we are so glad she is here:)
    guitarmom101

Answer by guitarmom101 at 5:31 PM on Dec. 1, 2009