Is it safe to use a heating pad during pregnancy...specifically on ur back or stomach?

ediswife

Asked by ediswife at 5:17 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would think it would be OK for your back but I don't think you should use one on you stomach!
    Anonymous

• what kind of heating pad? How far along are you? I used a rice sock heated for 1 minute on my stomach. It only holds the heat for a short time, unlike electric heating pads that stay high. I pretty much lived with my rice pack on my back because of past back issues that pop up when pregnant.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 5:50 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I agree, maybe the back but I wouldn't do the stomach.You can make your own rice packs if you decide to do that

Answer by admckenzie at 6:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I wouldn't use it for prolonged periods of time or on high heat. Maybe just on low or medium for no more than 10-15 min.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 6:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• My doctor told me for back pain it's fine, but to NEVER put it on a prego belly.
    Amy75972

Answer by Amy75972 at 7:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2009