What could this do with the jelly being out of coolness for a long period of time?

I accidently left the grape jelly out of the refridgerator all day what happens to it.

I usually buy it and stick it in the pantry but once it is opened I stick it in the fridge.

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• the sugar - can mold - it can be put back in the frig - but make sure you use it up asap - as leaving it out where it can get warm - can allow it to mold and make you sick
    sandy562

Answer by sandy562 at 6:00 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Nothing will happen if it's only been for today. We rarely refrigerate our store-bought jams & jellies, and have only had it go bad (moldy) once before - it was a different brand. My homemade stuff will go bad quicker because it has no preservatives. But the stuff off a grocery store shelf you'll be perfectly fine still eating. Just stick it back in the fridge and use it like normal.
    Anonymous

• Put it back in the fridge. It's fine. Some people leave it iut even after it's opened because they don't like it cold
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 6:16 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• iut

OUT sorry
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 6:17 PM on Dec. 1, 2009