Natural Delivery

Hi! I am about to be a new mommy, and I want to deliver my baby without drugs. Does anyone have any positive experiences with this they would like to share? A few of my friends have told me I'm crazy for wanting to do this, I would love a little encouragement. Thanks!

mrs.anderson24

Asked by mrs.anderson24 at 6:14 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you do this then you are super woman in my book! I have had epidurals with my two previous children and I still felt alot of pain with one of them. I couldnt do a natural birth! It takes a lot of determination and perseverance and I commend you for wanting to do this. GO YOU!
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 6:18 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I have had 3 with epidurals and 1 without. Guess which came first? lol
    If its something you fell strongly about then do it! Its your birth plan, not theirs. Do what makes you happy.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 6:25 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I did natural delivery, it was painful but for me it was the best choice. I did not want an epidural, did not like the thought of a needle in my spine. If you want it then do make sure everyone with you at the time supports your decision and will help you get through the labor and delivery. Good Luck
    Anonymous

• Oh and I had 3 babies, naturally.
    Anonymous

• go in with open eyes and if you end up getting the drugs don't feel like a failure.

good luck!
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:44 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I have had both my kids at home. Best thing ever! My advice to you would be to hire a doula. :)
    Anonymous

• My 2 natural deliveries were sooo much quicker (2 hours from beginning to end) & easier than the epidural one (18 1/2 hours of pure torture!) When I got pregnant with baby #4, I planned to go natural again, but ended up with an emerg. c-section at 23 weeks.
    I say natural is best!!
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 6:59 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I've done it 3 times, about to do it again in April. I let my body follow it's natural course. I never pushed on command. My body pushed automatically when it needed to, this allowed for less discomfort and fast recovery. A bit of meditation was helpful during the really bad contractions, but overall it wasn't bad, obviously, since I'm going that route again.
    Anonymous

• I think natural delivery is great! I have had 4 natural births, including a set of twins. 3 of 4 of mine were born at home. I never experienced pain while birthing a baby. My first born's placenta did not detach, and had to be removed by the midwife, i only know it was painful b/c i said the F word, but i don't remember the pain! I just imagined that i didn't want to leave my baby's head between a rock and a hard place...then i push them out. For my first birth i tried to imagine a flower blooming, but that didn't work for me during labor!! During contractions i imagined being at the ocean, and the waves were the contractions. They come and go! I read a book called birthing from within for my first birth. I think it helped a lot!
    Good luck to you and your birth and your new family!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:49 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• i had a wonderful natural birth, in hospital. people also acted like i was crazy for wanting to go without drugs. join the natural pregnancy group, get a good book like "our bodies ourselves: pregnancy", "birthing from within", "easing labor pain", etc. there are so many great books that are pro-natural birth. if you want, you can message me and i'll send you my birth story. it's too long to post here. i'm pregnant with my 2nd and planning another natural birth in hospital with a midwife. the reason i chose natural was because i wanted to avoid other stuff like IV, catheter, higher risk of c-section, and i wanted to be able to do other stuff to deal with labor, like move around a lot, and get in the tub. i did end up with an IV but plan not to have one this time.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:17 PM on Dec. 1, 2009