Where my GTCMs at?

(Going to College Moms)

What year are you in? What are you studying? Are you doing e-learning (online courses) or commuting to the campus? Are you full-time (12 or more credits; 4 classes) or part-time? Do you ever feel overwhelmed?

I'm in my first year, studying for Social Sciences Teacher Education--I commute to campus, but thankfully its 5 minutes away from home. I'm full time. I feel overwhelmed sometimes, especially now around Finals time, but Im glad that I'm working towards getting a degree, plus I actually like school.

AdensMommy1107

Asked by AdensMommy1107 at 6:23 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Awesome. I went back to school when my daughter was 2, was pregnant with my son halfway through, and finally graduated after a total of 4.5 years from university with my bachelors last December! It can be rough, but I know it can be done :)

I always took full time, and definitely felt overwhelmed at times, especially when I had to work too. Between classes, daycare, work, conflicting and nonconflicting schedules with my husband it was quite the adventure.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:09 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Awesome ladies!
    I am in my first year of working towards my BSBA with a concentration in HR Management. I am only taking one 4 credit course at a time until my daughter can find alternative childcare for my granddaughter. I only become overwhelmed when I can't work on my assignments ahead of time like I want to do because my granddaughter needs constant care of I'm being a taxi for my teens. Sometimes I find myself rushing to get an assignment completed on time at the last minute and I really hate doing that.
    I attend an online college (CTU) and really like them a lot. I earned my ASMBC from them in March of this year so they offered to take $2,000 off my Bachelor's degree if I came back to them, which I willingly did.
    I love college because I love learning. I cannot wait to earn my degrees and test for my certifications so I can begin job hunting & working again. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:54 AM on Dec. 2, 2009