how do you feel about your pictures?

Okay so this might sound nerotic but when i put pics up on my CM, FB or myspace i do it so family and friends far away to see how we are doing and my 3 year old son is doing. I dont do it for people to steal my pics friends or whoever. For some reason i have this problem. I have family and a FRIEND that steals my pictures right off either mine or my photographers sites which bothers me more. am i being stupid about it? i have taken everything down from most sites. But it doesnt seem fair. and have deleted this friend from my pages. please tell me that i am not crazy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Technology

• You are not crazy. My FIL took my sons pic from FB and used it in the online family tree... I was very upset bc he didn't ask my permission. BUT on the flip side, the Internet is a great way to share pics with family and friends.
    KurgansMom

Answer by KurgansMom at 6:58 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I know kinda what you mean, but my SIL took pics of my kids and put it on HER FB page. I was really upset...cause I know my friends and my husbands friends, but I don't know her friends....
    to me it's not right because it's your children and it's your job to keep them safe.
    Anonymous

• Honestly I don't really have a problem with it. I kind of feel like if I put pics online, they are pretty much out there for whoever to see. My MIL often shares my pics with her facebook friends and that doesn't bother me at all. I know she's a proud grandma that wants to show off her grandkids to her friends.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Put a watermark on them! You can do it with just about any photo editing site. Just type out "© Jane Smith" and put it right across the photo.
    Anonymous

• Not crazy at all.

Placing a watermark the way to go but you can also tell family/friends they are for just viewing and instruct them not to copy and post them somewhere else.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 1:17 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• naw that would make me mad too
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 4:34 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• No, you weren't crazy. I think this has died down a lot in the last year or so.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 6:00 PM on Nov. 14, 2010