Can we all agree

to disagree We all have diffrent thoughts feelings on Adoption and Fostercare and everyones feelings should be Respected Is it really that hard to Have a discussion and be Respectful of everyones feelings

JESSMCARTER325

Asked by JESSMCARTER325 at 6:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Adoption

• I must have missed something.

I think foster care and adoption is very noble. Im not sure why anyone would think it isnt.

Was was the issue?
    Anonymous

• I'm with you. It doesn't have to be a war.
    hollyanne31

Answer by hollyanne31 at 11:15 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I think we are getting there. :)
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 1:05 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I'm also an ever optimist about this and have been here long enough to see this happen for many. There are always new folks joining and we are all on our own paths of understanding and growth. Patience with others who are at a different place, and with ourselves when we screw up and say things poorly and hurt others is key.
    PortAngeles1969

Answer by PortAngeles1969 at 2:53 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I think sometimes it's because there are so many different paths to adoption that sometimes we get confused. In my case it was adoption of siblings who were 5, 6, 7 removed by Social Services. In other cases it's the bmom choosing to place her child in another home. Some feeling forced, some doing so willingly knowing their not at a time in their life that they feel they can or even want to parent a baby. I think when we're talking we need to let people know where we're coming from because a statement such as "All achildren want their bparents" is not true especially for those who were abused and are older. They know were they came from and most do not want to go back. A child who was placed at birth might want to know all the whys very easily. There are many forms of adption and they need to be supported, adjusted were wrong but not torn down.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:06 AM on Dec. 2, 2009