How can i get happy again?

I am 20 years old i have 2 little girls, 20 months and 2 months. Im married. My dad and brother both died in 2002 from a car wreck, i was 12 when that happened. Well now just last week my mom passed away due to lung cancer. I love my mom very much and i miss her dearly. My sister lives in 6 hours away in another state, she just left to go back home today and my husband is at work, and now both kids are asleep. I am very depressed. Ive been depressed ever since 2002 when i lost my dad and brother. I was closer with my mom though. She was in the Nursing home since May 2009. I spent alot of days in her room with her. She went down hill real fast. I was up there everyday the week before she died. She died at 2:00 in the morning. I just left there that night at 11 and went back home hoping that she'll make it through the night. She didnt though. That whole day though she kept saying "Ok im ready, lets go, Im ready to go home.

CandyMama231

Asked by CandyMama231 at 7:08 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Health

• I didnt get to finish in the question. She said she wanted to go home with Jesus. I feel so bad now. How can i get happy again?
    CandyMama231

Answer by CandyMama231 at 7:08 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• i'm so sorry for yor loss and pain. you will find happiness even tho it might not be the same again. dont force yourself tho. i will go ahead and suggest you look for a therapist that can help you navigate thru the forest of feelings you are facing. you are not only dealing with the death of 3 loved ones but also with postpartum hormones. please take care of you....your babies need you.

hugs

vainco

Answer by vainco at 7:51 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• group hugMy mom died of cancer too and she passed a few hours after I left from visiting her. She was ready to go as well. I had peace knowing she was ready and that she is no longer in pain. It comforts me knowing that some day I will see her again. Until that time I tell myself she's watching over me and my kids. I talk to her as though she were with me like the old days. I think of her as my Guardian Angel. You can find happiness in knowing your family loved /loves you and were probably very proud of you. You will miss mom for a while so just go with the stages of grief so you can heal from your loss. We're here for you if you need us.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:02 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• So sorry for your loss. I loss my mother this July. My father died years before her. I don't know what to suggest will help you find happiness because I believe we make ourselves happy. The only advice I can give is get up each morning and know your mother is counting on you to take care of her grandchildren. Get up and keep moving and doing even if you don't feel like it, put one foot in front of the other and go, pretend things are normal--kids have to eat--house needs to be clean do it. The more I do the better I started to feel, I think it was because it was normal--my house has never been cleaner lol. Normal will help you cope. So just take it one step at a time--pretending that all is normal when its not.
    ohio4

Answer by ohio4 at 1:22 AM on Dec. 2, 2009