How do I help my 16 year old aspergers child!!

I have been through hoops and barels to try and help my son. He has been through schools like underwear. i have tried homeschool. He even went to Eagle Ranch, a boys group home for troubled teens. Now I have him at a home based christian school. It is so easy I could do it in my sleep. He won't even try. I really am over school. At this point I have lost all hope. I am just terrrified his next he will kill him self. He has already attemped it once. I have to work all day and I can not watch him 24/7 I see all these homes for troubled teens ect. But nothing for asbergers. I can not handle him. I need help I am scared for mine and his life.

ellbell774

Asked by ellbell774 at 7:18 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I am sorry you are going through this. Aspergers can co-exist with other things like bi-polar, depression, etc. Is he seeing a psychiatrist? A support group? What interventions have you put into place to help him?
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 7:22 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Find all the moms of children with disabilities that u can they are a great help here is a web site i do a lot of research on www.medlineplus.gov its been a great help to me, my girls have ehlers danlos syndrome and my youngest also has sensory integration dysfunction, she has been in almost a year of occupational therapy it has helped so much they are teaching her to function as a child of her age group.
    sorry couldnt offer more advice but u have my prayers hope some of this is a help.
    jannaward

Answer by jannaward at 7:30 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• What was your experience with Eagle Ranch? We have a 15-year-old and are looking into it. We, too, are at wit's end. Cannot let him get a learner's permit because of lies and defiance. Cannot trust him. I sympathize with you. It's exhausting. Has anything at all worked?

Anonymous

• EKCou...
    I work for a physical therapist, and we specialize in children with ADD, ADHD, and Autism. We do several different kinds of therapies, most you would not even think of as "physical therapy". With all the kids that we see, there are several things that factor into a child's behavior, two HUGE ones are allergies and diet. Children who are allergic to certain things (i.e. yeast, gluten, sugar, milk, mold) can often have behavioral reactions, not the bumps and hives people generally think of. Another thing that might help is finding a medical professional who does EEG and Biofeedback therapy, as well as Craniosacral or myofascial therapy. All of these can help to modify behaviors that you originally thought could not be cured. If any of this interests you, or need or want any more information you can always email me through here and I will help as best as I can.
    EKCoughlin

Answer by EKCoughlin at 3:05 PM on Dec. 10, 2009