what do i really need to take to the hospital

PregoTiff26

Asked by PregoTiff26 at 7:30 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yourself. The hospital will provide you everything you NEED. If you want an ipod or a magazine take them. You can even wear the clothes home you came in if you want. You really don't have to bring anything. The things you should bring are the things you think will make you more comfortable.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:34 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Your own pajamas and some regular pads. Maybe a camera. An outfit with covered arms and legs for the baby to go home in (carseat straps might chafe your baby), and a carseat. Other than that, you are well taken care of.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:36 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• socks or slippers that you can throw away! The hospital is full of germs...don't bring them home with you!!!
    A toothbrush, snacks, comfortable underwear, comfortable clothes (for many moms, we still look very pregnant after birth!), your own sanitary napkins...
    I was just going to say socks, but these other things kept coming to mind. Only one of my babies was born at the hospital, but many of these things my sister in law requested when my brother forgot them.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:36 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• All I took were a couple of nightgowns, dop kit with bathroom supplies, socks, clothes for baby, and clothes for hubbs. The hospital provided everything else. I did also bring a couple of baby blankets for baby even though the hospital provided some flannel recieving blankets. I just wanted her to use her own.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:40 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I think out of everything you can bring, my own pads that weren't the size of pillows made me the most comfortable. They have one size fits all netted underwear with these gigantic pads you could surf on that they give you. I highly suggest the pads, and old undies.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:42 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I don't understand these people that say the hospital will provide everything you need. I've had 3 children at 2 different hospitals and that couldn't be further from the truth.
    First of all, I have long hair and need a pony tail holder.
    Secondly, I like to use my own shampoo and conditioner. I blow dry not air dry. I bring my own toothbrush and toothpaste (neither hospital had any to offer).
    I bring my make-up (pictures with baby and husband!)
    I hate the hospital gowns. I brought my own pajamas for post delivery. Socks. Must have socks. Maybe slippers and a robe if you're that kind of girl.
    Deodorant! Yes, you will need it.
    I hate the hospital's sanitary pads. I brought my own.
    Nursing pads if you breastfeed. It's a terrible thing if your milk comes in and soaks all your clothes away from home.
    Do you wear contacts? You'll need your cleaning supplies.
    Change of clothes.
    Going home outfits (you and baby).
    Anonymous

• healthy snacks. i really wish i had taken some because i felt so hungry.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:11 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I had a nursing night gown and it was so much nicer then the hospitals and it had a bath robe. I also was glad for the nice thick socks I brought. Stuff you want you and baby to go home in.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:33 PM on Dec. 1, 2009