Is this preeclampsia?

my sister is about 35 weeks. she has really swollen feet, ankles, and legs. She has circles under her eyes that look like yellowish bruises. She also get frequent nausea. Could this be a sign of preeclampsia?

erafters

Asked by erafters at 12:14 AM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Swollen Feet and Pregnancy - Reduce and Soothe Swollen Feet When ...
    Learn why feet, ankles, and legs swell during pregnancy, and learn some ways ... This can cause excess fluid to collect, creating swollen feet, ankles and ...
    video.about.com/pregnancy/Swollen-Feet-and-Pregnancy.htm -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:32 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Some of the symptoms of preeclampsia are swelling, sudden weight gain, hypertension, protein in the urine, headache, nausea/vomiting, and changes in vision. If she's concerned she could have PE, she should get to the doctor right away and have her blood and urine checked. PE and HELLP Syndrome almost killed me and my daughter. It's not something you want to ignore. Better safe than sorry.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 12:38 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I just had my baby at 34 weeks because of pre-eclampsia. I didnt even know I had it until after my baby was born they told me. I was glad that I had kept bothering my doctor until they finally started testing me. Best advice for your sister is to go to the doctor..
    vc_green87

Answer by vc_green87 at 12:45 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• swollen feet is a sign, and sudden weight gain. If its a big concern see docter cuz i had it and i just went into a appointment towards the end and they checked my blood pressure and it went to the 190's almost 200 so they rushed me to labor and delivery and tryed to get it down and were trying to hold off inducing me so they kept me in to hospital overnight and checked my bloodpressure every half an hour and thought it was going down thing is the nurse checked it with me laying down as soon as a sat back up and my docter took it the right way it was going up more and i had my daughter 6 hours later..
    jaelynsmama07

Answer by jaelynsmama07 at 10:35 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• preeclampsia is very serious... if she thinks she has it she needs to ask the docter. BUT you can have swollen ankles and feet without having preeclampsia... take it from me though... i had preeclampsia and it progressed extremely fast.. after one check up of having high bloodpressure they ended up inducing me because of it within 3 days. its nothing to wait around, wondering about thats for sure.
    AmyJoost

Answer by AmyJoost at 1:02 PM on Sep. 25, 2008