How often do your children have cearal? Fast food? eating out?

My kids have cearal every 5 times a week for breafast and then for a couple of snacks.

Fast food 4 times a week.

and then one other time to eat out in the week.

I am just wondering if we are "Normal"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My ds eats pretty healthy here at home. We go out on friday night for fast food. He eats cereal 3-4 times a week and occasionally we have a dinner out somewhere nice.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 7:54 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Uhhh, I'm sure you're not the only one, but even if it's "normal", it's definitely not healthy.... The cereal in the morning is fine, but fast food 4 times a week? Why not cook something healthy, instead? Doesn't take that much longer, and is MUCH better for them.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:55 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• i think you eat out more then most but i cant be sure. My kids get fast food or pizza a few times a month. if i had to guess i think it would be 6 times a month. I try to get healthy alternatives if we eat out though. They eat cereal on the weekends and eat breakfast at school so im ot for sure what they eat for breatfast during the week.
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 8:00 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Fast food 4 times a week is a bit much IMO. Your children are learning bad eating habits, it can be cheaper to make your own food at home. You can make similar food as fast food but healthier.
    Anonymous

• Cereal= once a week at most 7
    Fast Food = twice a year
    Eating out = maybe 12 times a year
    Anonymous

• My kids are 15, 13, and 8.

Cereal - 7 times a year maybe.... they dont like it at all. However, we will buy sugar cereal when the cousins come to visit so for that one week each year they will eat cereal.

Fast Food - McDonalds... havent had in years. My oldest will have a fish taco maybe 1-2 a month. An In&Out burger the family might have every other month.

Eating Out - We will got out to dinner maybe once a month. We will bring in from a nice place maybe one friday night once a month.
    Anonymous

• Depending what kind of normal you are talking about of course. I figure if the child is healthy -happy-gaining weight and height just fine-doing great in school.. Why change it if it works!
    momof4kids257

Answer by momof4kids257 at 8:19 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• They eat a lot of cereal. Sometimes if I'm having a hard day and can't get supper cooked a decent time they will eat cereal. They really love honey bunches of oats and mini wheats. As for eating out we don't really. Most the time we really can't afford too plus they tend to waste the food which I hate. So unless its for a treat we don't eat out. As for junk food I like to bake a lot of cookies and such. They do get candy but they will choose fruit over candy but then want the candy when they are done eating the fruit.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 8:28 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• cereal: my 17 month old likes infant cereal for breakfast a couple of times per week

Fast food: never...not because I have any sort of "rules" about it, but because I don't eat it very much myself

Eating out: not in a long time
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:29 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• cereal every morning except sunday when I cook pancakes and eggs.

fastfood usually only on saturday after piano and dance (and only because its in the same building lol litte caesars) and maybe a pizza ordered for dinner.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 8:42 PM on Dec. 1, 2009