Have you heard of this on line company?

I was listening to the radio a while back and they were discussing an on line swap meet of sorts where people can trade un-used gift cards.

I have a $150 gift card to a store that I have had for 4 yrs. But this store simply doesnt have anything I want. I would love to be able to trade it to some one for a different store.

Heck Im about ready to stand out front and sell it for $140... but that is rather tacky.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't know about the particular company you're talking about, but after 4 years, I would definitely make sure the card was still valid, if you haven't done so already. Some gift cards actually expire, but it only says so in the very fine print.

If it's still good and you don't want it, you can look up a place online like what you described, or you could try selling it on craigslist. I have seen people in my area do that before, but you do have to be willing to take quite a bit less for it than what it's worth (probably $100 for a $150 card). Ebay may be an option too, if you have an account there. Any buyer is going to want verification of the card's authenticity, so you'd have to expect to provide that. Also, I think a lot of people are suspicious, so I don't actually know how easy it is to sell a gift card.

As a last option, you could always consider re-gifting it or donating it to charity, which would be tax-deductible
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:47 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Vicesix stated what I was going to state in her first paragraph.
    I also like what she says in her final paragraph.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:46 AM on Dec. 2, 2009