do you have any suggestions for an excellent concealer for me?

I have some acne pits and also very large pores, but would like to have a smoother appearance on my face

ilovedogs1967

Asked by ilovedogs1967 at 8:09 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I use revlon oil free color stay its like 10 bucks a bottle but so worth it. I used to use all that clinque stuff that was like 30 bucks a bottle but revlon works so much better. I use to be manager of the cosmetics department at Macys and ALL the girl would ask me what brand I used because it looks so natural good luck!!
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 8:13 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• First thing I would recommend is tha you take really good care of your skin. Look for the make uup products that are light in oil, and with out much alcohol.
    I loved Clean and Clear when I had a lot of acene, and especially aroung that time of the month when I get huge zits!. They have a nice concealer and they come in different complextions.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 8:13 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Google Sheercover and go to their website. Their makeup is amazing! I don't give in to infomercials very often, but I'm happy I gave in to them! Funny story: My dh gave me a hickey on my forehead when we were joking around, and with their concealer, nobody knew about it unless I told them! lol
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 8:14 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Sephora makes wonderful concealers. and you can go into the store and try it before making a purchase.
    spastic_poodle

Answer by spastic_poodle at 9:31 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I like Estee Lauder's skin care line, first and foremost. I would go to any Nordstrom, Macy's or Belk and sit down and have a consultation done. They also have good makeup as well. I wear a little of theirs and a little Dior. But it's Lauder's skin care line I like the most.

Oh! But Sephora does sell one thing I like to use.. http://www.drbrandtskincare.com/ Pores No More by Dr Brandt   I like alot of Dr Brandt too!  Just havent used it in a while other than the Pores No More

Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 3:47 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I like Laura Mercier concealer. Pricey but worth it.
    Totsy

Answer by Totsy at 2:36 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I love my Arbonne concealer. Before that my favorite was Christian Dior.
    I had acne on and off for over 25 years. You need to be using products on your face that don't contain mineral oils and other fillers. These can get blocked in your pores making them look larger.
    Then you want to use a good mask to start clearing out your clogged pores. It may not happen overnight but you will find that your pores will gradually get smaller. The ones on my nose have almost disappeared and the ones of my cheeks have halved in size.
    Using a make up primer can help even out skin tone before applying foundation. eg large pores. With the acne pits the results would depend on the size and depth. Let me know if you have any questions. I would be happy to help.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 6:35 PM on Dec. 6, 2009