Anyone elses 4 yr old afraid of monsters in their closet?

Every night its the same thing with these monsters. She makes me punch the thin air in her closets to make "them" go to the "dr." Is anyone elses kids like this? I tell her that they are not real what else can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I still have a problem with my closet and I am 48 years old. It use to be I had to have the closet door closed so the monsters would not be able to come out at night a get me in my sleep.. Now I just can not sleep unless the closet door and the bathroom door is closed. I know that does not help. Maybe just tell her that if the closet door is closed. The monsters can not get out. Because monsters can not open doors. That will make it easier for you.

Answer by louise2 at 9:09 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• my son went through a phase not to long ago where he kept telling me spiderman was in his room. after about a week or so of me telling him nothing was there, he stopped. every now and then he will mention it again and i just tell him he's being silly.

does your daughter have a night light in her room?
    MommyToEthan

Answer by MommyToEthan at 9:10 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• We are getting her a night light this weekend to help. :) Good suggestion, thanks.
    Anonymous

• When my oldest "saw" monsters in her bedroom, I would always ask her exactly where the monster was, she would point it out, and I would go up to the spot and sa, "go away monster", then say, "see, it left, all better now" That worked really well for us. I have also heard that a spraybottle with water (aka monster spray) works wonders. But I guess a night light is a good idea since the major goal would be to get the monsters out of there permanently.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 9:54 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• lol, here's what i did. there is a smoke detector in his room and it has a green light on it. i told him that it was a monster detector and as long as the light is green then that means his room has no monsters. if you don't have a smoke detector, try a night light that keeps the monsters away or even one of those air fresheners you can stick on the wall and tell her that it's monster repellant. they believe anything lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:14 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• My 2.5 year old is already afraid of the dark and has started the whole monsters thing .
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 2:06 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Aww poor baby. Put some christmas lights or patio lights in her room maybe around the closet or around her head board. Tell her that monsters dont like cute things like that so he will find another house to go to.
    Hang your hubbies socks around the closet and tell her the smell will make him go away....lol JK but hey....

3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:56 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• My almost 3 year old is the same. We just scare them off whenever they pop up.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:53 AM on Dec. 3, 2009