What do you think?

WASHINGTON – The attention-hungry couple that crashed the Obama administration's first state dinner have admitted to a federal official they went without a confirmed invitation just in case they could get approved at the last minute.

Tareq and Michaele Salahi claimed a dead cell phone battery prevented them from hearing a voicemail earlier that day advising them they did not make the guest list

The Salahis gave that account in an e-mail sent hours after the dinner to a Pentagon official who had tried to get them invited. The e-mail was obtained by The Associated Press.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think that these weirdos rank very low on my list of worries and that the press needs to stop giving them all this attentiuon. Its what they want and its going to encourage copycat idiots.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:32 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I agree with momof030404.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:39 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• The more the media keeps talking about them, the more famous they'll get.

They're getting EXACTLY what they wanted.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:41 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Yep, just like the balloon guy. Media attention and I don't really for them. I agree with the above.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 9:43 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Media whores. They also want $500,000 to tell their story.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:56 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Yep, just like the balloon guy.

LOL...I almost forgot about them!! I wonder if they will make the cut for  real housewives or get BOOTED for this! LOL....It may have the OPPOSITE effect , hope so anyway

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:57 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• It's obvious none of you know what you're talking about. They had an invitation, and they're going to show proof of it. They have no idea why the media fabricated this big lie about them. I think it's an attempt to take the focus off of other shady goings on in the White House. Typical behavior of the left.
    Anonymous

• Yes anon, I listened to Rush Limbaugh yesterday too. And he had some valid points. But even he acknowledged that they never had a CONFIRMED invite. They have emails from a staffer. STILL think they are just attention hogs, and if it hadnt been them the Obama lovin media would have just focused on something else. Their boy cant fail because then they ;look stupid. These people just are what they are and may have been used accordingly.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:18 AM on Dec. 2, 2009