Have you ever lost friends due to jealousy?

I grew up with 3 friends. We all went to school together but our family lives were slightly diff. I am pretty successful. Always had a good job, now own 2 nice homes, nice car, nice handsome husband, also a SAHM while they all have to work. My life is far form perfect and I was never handed things. I worked hard to achieve each thing. However those girls seemed to dwindle out of my life one by one as I achieved each new thing. I'm not one to brag or throw things in ppl's faces. Im a nice honest person and I am not a fake. Anyone deal with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• yes sometimes you grow up and out of people and it sucks. I have dealt with this and sometimes you just have to learn to let go and find people that want to celebrate your successes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Yes. When we "grow up" sometimes we grow apart and not because of anything you did or didn't do. Lifestyles often separate people, even when we try not to let it.
    MaryAnne3mommy

Answer by MaryAnne3mommy at 9:32 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• How do you know it's due to jealousy? People just change and sometimes drift apart. Do you have much in common with them anymore?
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 9:32 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Yes, defiantly! I've lost pretty much all my close friends. Probably more jealousy on my part though. But, yeah being a mom now I don't want to do things without my daughter or husband and they don't understand that, but I think mainly they have just drifted away 'cause we are hurting financially so we can't do things like we used to be able to so they get frustrated with that.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 9:33 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Yes... I had a friend who was over all the time we hung out all the time yadda yadda yadda. We also grew up together. In high school she was in love with this boy who said he like "courtney" thats my name so she automatically thought me... Well I didnt know this kid and she flipped out then found out it was someone else. When we graduated she asked me out! I was like uuh what? she said "Do you want to be my girlfriend?" I gave her a wtf look and she laughed and said JK! Well I dont think she was lying.. Then about a year later she was over and she was like "what I wouldnt give to have red hair and blue eyes like you" I was like "why? Youre pretty" and then she flipped out and started freaking out about how I was so much prettier and things came easier and people liked me more... I was like wtf? I havent really spoken to her since. That was a little much for me
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry but I feel like you are looking for a pat on the back or something. Its kind of like the old saying "don't hate me because I'm beautiful". Congrats on being able to stay home with your kids that is truly a rare gift now days, most people have to have two incomes if there happens to be two partners in the household just to make ends meet in this troubled economy. Help others out, be humble and be kind. You never know when you will need those friends you have lost when times get hard for you. Peace!
    Anonymous

• To Bluliner: Yes we have a lot in common. we all have kids and live blocks from each other. Their personal lives arent so great anymore so IDK what else it could be? Misery loves company maybe?
    Anonymous

• I DIDNT ADD THIS BUT YEAH IM PRETTY HOT! MAYBE U ARE IN THEIR CATEGORY?. DONT HATE ON ME STRIVE TO BE BETTER!
    Anonymous

• There are seasons friendships go through and true ones pass through the test of time. If they are true friends things will work out, if not then they won't and you just have move on.

I lost two friends last spring and still do not understand why. It's painful still for me but I will be finding closure in this. Sometimes you just need to get closure and move on regardless of the reasons!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:46 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I lost my very best friend after I got married and had a baby. She was like a sister to me. I think she was jealous that I got married and had a baby b/c after our friendship disolved, she tried to get married over and over, like she was on a quest. I'm very sad even now b/c I miss her dearly.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 10:15 PM on Dec. 1, 2009