Need some advice!!!

me and So have been together for 6 years. After about 2 years of dating I found out that he had cheated on me and would forgive him and he would do it over and over again at this time we did get pregnant and I decided that it would be better for me and my children if I moved on, so I did and it was going well. I didn't speak to him for about 6 mos and even dated someone else. We then got together reguarding our son and he started to cry and beg and said that he was sorry for ever hurting me and he didn't realize how much he loved me and would never cheat again and that he understood that he did not deserve it but was begging for another chance. I did give in and we moved back in with each other and that was over 3 years ago and he has not cheated once since. The problem is that now I have so much anger towards him and I don't if I am stil in love with him. I know that I love him very much and that he has been a great man ...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• ofcourse it takes time to get over that kind of hurt and eventually you will, my dh cheated on me and i never left we worked it out and things has gotten alot better for us what i had to do was let go of all the hurt/anger and hate i had for him and take back the power and strenght that was taken from me when i was decived. i let go and let GOD and i refuse to hurt behind someones else BULL-SH---, and i refuse to be miserable with or without him. basically you have to let go of the hurt you've excepted him for his faults so get over it! (no pun intended) remeber getting over it is for you and not him, good luck and i wish you well
    mememommie

Answer by mememommie at 10:21 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• ... since we reunited how do I let go of all the hurt that I have. Sometimes I try to make up reasons why I should leave him but when it comes down to it I can't I love him and I don't want to be with out him. Am I just hurt? and if so how do I let it go, it's been 3 years and I do trust him now I don't for a minute think he would or is cheating. I do not know why I can't just let it go, What do you suggest so that I can get over it? Thanks for your help.
    Anonymous

• You are with a great man that you love. The father of your child. A man you aren't even married to and he 'cheated' 3 years ago. You are still angry.

Why aren't you married? Great men marry the mother of their child. Is this part of the problem. You have been together 6 years and aren't married.

How do you let it go? You decide to let it go and just do it. You can have a ceremony for your self. You can throw a rock in a lake and that's your anger. Something like that. Put it behind you.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:40 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• So yo never forgave him but you gave into him moving back in with him? I'm confused. Stop being a doormat. Stand you ground, if not for yourself for your childrne.
    fleck

Answer by fleck at 11:17 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Why is it that if you ask for advice here on CM most of time all you get is people that answer and I guess don't really take the time to actually read what is posted. Thanks mememommie for your advice I guess you have to have gone thru it to get it... To fleck I am not a doormat and I did and still do stand my ground and I did it for my children.. The question was how do I get past the hurt I did forgive the hard part is forget the hurt and the struggle that I went thru because of his behavior.. We are planning to marry this coming year. We wanted to have a huge wedding so no that is not the problem.
    Anonymous

• u were not married so it wasn't cheating. he was a single man trying 2 decide what he wanted. get over yourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• to anon :12 you must be one of the women that " don't cheat" because they aren't married. Being commited to a person is being committed even if you aren't married. Thank you so much for all your negativity and showing me exactly what kind of people get on CM. I realize that not everyone on CM is not like you or some of the others that love misery. Again thank you, mememommie for your understanding and wisdom. I have talked with SO and we are doing some counseling together in the end I love him and he loves me now I am going to work on letting go of the anger. We will be fine and I will never post another question on this site. I thought it was a way to vent and get some postive feedback but this truly was a horrible experience and after reading some of the other post I know that most of you "mommies" are horrible mean hearted people that really don't want to help anyone just try to put others down to make yourselves feel bette
    Anonymous