How many times do you need to settle your baby at night?

Just out of curiosity, how many times a night on average do you other moms wake up to settle your little ones and put them back to bed? My dd is almost 8 months old and usually we only wake up once or twice a night for a feeding, but if she's got a tooth coming in or something else is making her fussy then it can be a lot more often, last night we woke up eight times to settle her back down... not sure why, I think she may not be feeling well, no temp or symptoms of a cold yet though...

All4OneN1forAll

Asked by All4OneN1forAll at 10:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• She may be teething. Infant's Motrin is great but ask Dr. first!
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 10:06 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• my 8 month old sleeps with us and I usually nurse her back to sleep between 2-6 times a night. I don't often keep up, since I don't get out of bed or look at the clock when she wakes. hope your baby is feeling better soon!
    Kat770

Answer by Kat770 at 10:13 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• She used to sleep with us, she had been since she was born, in a cosleeper, but since she hit 7 months we've been slowly starting to adjust her to sleep on her own in a pack&play next to our bed, she had been doing really well sleeping on her own, but not lately.. I was just curious as to how many times other parents wake up to settle their babies back down for the night... :) thanks, i hope she isn't getting sick maybe it's just a funk, and thanks for the motrin tip, I will ask her Dr about that.. Thnks ladies
    All4OneN1forAll

Answer by All4OneN1forAll at 10:46 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• DS is 4 months old and I put him to bed around 8 or 9 and he sleeps til about 7. I dont have to worry about getting up during the night a whole lot. I just make sure his tummy is full and his diaper is clean when I put him down.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 3:50 AM on Dec. 2, 2009