Did you see "Juno"? What did you think?

I just watched it last night, and I was thinking of all the things I woulda' done different if I'd written it. First off, when her friend asked her what it was like having sex, instead of saying "awesome", I think she should have said, "It hurt like hell! I can't believe anyone enjoys that!" Because it usually does hurt the first time! Second, i would have showed a lot more puking, body pain, and being limited from normal activity. I just think it made pregnancy look way too easy, and that's not a good message to give teen girls. Also, they tried to make Juno look like an "ordinary" teen, but she really wasn't. she was quite hip with the cool room, playing in a band, and constantly spouting off hip lingo and witty one-liners. What ever happened to that awkward teen habit of saying the wrong thing at the wrong time, or feeling like you're uncool? And can someone explain to me why she was moving furniture in the beginning?

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 11:12 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Entertainment

• I loved Victoria's story - of her finally getting to be a mom, and framing the note - it would be very interesting to see the same story told from her point of view.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:04 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I thought it was a stupid movie.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:13 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I thought it was stupid as well. ita with the OP. It was really awkward being a teen.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 11:21 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• i liked it...but just watched it for the entertainment value.

I was by no means popular in high school but didn't find it too awkward..hard though lol

it was a holywood made movie and can't really expect to much from it... all movies are pretty bad now days anyways.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:25 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I liked it, it's a movie, it's entertainment, not real life.

First time I had sex did not hurt at all, it wasn't great and I certainly didn't have an O, but it was okay and not painful.

Second, while I did puke lots I had very little body pain and wasn't limited from my regular activities, every pregnancy is different and not all involve puking and body pain and limitations.

Third, it's a movie, of course she's always going to have the right thing to say and have the coolest room and be super hip, it's Hollywood.

The chair was the one they'd had sex on (I think, it's been a while since I saw it) so that's why she was moving it. Plus once again it's a movie, people do weird random stuff in movies.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:16 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• My problem with it was she showed no emotion towards having to place her child up for adoption. It sent the wrong message that it's EASY to place your child up for adoption - as it shows her riding her bike off singing a song in the end. Not to mention how disconnected she was with the baby AND how she wanted a close adoption... that is HIGHLY unlikely in today's day in age.

I'm a birthmother.. and in no way was it easy to place my son up for adoption.

That movie disgusts me.
    rainfalls

Answer by rainfalls at 12:33 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I didnt get its popularity.

I found it rather dry and definately not my sense of humor so I wasnt laughing a whole lot.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:37 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Yes, that was the BEST part of the movie, PP! I think it was Vanessa, but yeah, she was my favorite character of the whole movie. Interesting, because she was the one who was the most "out-of-touch" with the main character, and yet the most warm and human!

As for the movie being just hollywood entertainment, I disagree. Any movie about such a serious thing as teen pregnancy can never be "just a movie". There are a lot of young people out there poised to get a message from it, young people who will be massively influenced in ways that could make or ruin their lives.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:45 PM on Dec. 2, 2009