photography

What is a good camera, I want to take pro pictures I have lighting and backdrops but I want to get a good camera, and something I can use now and later, something I can use while learning but also use when I am good and take pictures for people I use to do this all the time but back then I used 35mm film.. so any Ideas

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Come join us at Photo Mom's where I answer this question every day!
    Here's the answer there:
    Choosing a camera isn't something that we can tell you that THIS is the best camera on the market and what you need to buy. All of the top DSLR manufacturers make great cameras. It's all about which one is right for you.

I always urge people to go with Canon or Nikon. Not because the others are bad cameras. They are definitely NOT bad in any way! Canon and Nikon are the standards in the industry, first of all. Second when it comes to buying accessories and building a kit of good lenses Canon and Nikon are more accessible and cost less. I have helped many Sony, Olympus, Pentax... owners try to buy lenses and necessities only to find out that they saved a little $ on the initial purchase, but they are spending more on the extras.

Now what? Well, you have to do some research. I recommend that you buy the newest, most up to date camera b
    StudioM

Answer by StudioM at 11:24 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• i do photography everyday and depending your needs it denpends on the camera...i have a kodak easyshare...cheap and gets thejob done...the best i have seen to take wonderful pro pictures is canon rebel XTI it makes your photos look great....
    MaMaDukeS321

Answer by MaMaDukeS321 at 12:07 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I would have to agree with StudioM. Earlier this year when I was researching my big camera purchase, I read alot of reviews. What it came down to for me was how the camera felt in my hand. If you are going to be spending alot of time with a camera in your hand, it needs to feel right. I ended choosing the Canon Rebel T1i because it felt comfortable to me. With a Nikon I felt cramped.
    Patty_WAHM

Answer by Patty_WAHM at 12:36 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• The xti is really outdated and not even available on the market new... I own one... if you want it I'll GLADLY get rid of it! In other words... you don't want it!
    StudioM

Answer by StudioM at 12:55 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Op here: Really cause I was looking at the canon rebel the new once are just so much money.. :-( I have a lens from my old canon which I was thinking I could use.(old is a 35mm film camera)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I think you might have to get a converter to use the old lenses with the new DSLR's. I might be wrong though. I had an old 35mm and when I got my Nikon DSLR I was told I'd have to get a converter. So it may be just a Nikon thing but I'd look into that no matter what you end up with.

What brand to get? Well that depends on you. My recomendation would be to go to an actual camera shop and play with the various modles. See which ones feel right in your hands, how accessible the controls are and such. You want something that is easy for YOU to use and feels good in YOUR hands. It's all about personal preference. My personal preference was Nikon and I couldn't be happier with it. I took my own advice and played in the stores and a friend had a Nikon that she let me play with and for me the Nikon was the perfect fit for ME. But for others it may be Cannon.
    ShutterBug77

Answer by ShutterBug77 at 12:18 PM on Dec. 3, 2009