My 4 year old wants to marry her daddy?

Is this normal? She has said for at least 2 years now that she was going to marry her daddy one day. I don't say too much to her about it 7 let her lead her little fairy tale. But she will tell some people and they her that she can't marry her daddy & she gets upset. I feel like she is only 4 & she will soon understand that she can't marry her daddy. She is very close to her daddy! Now for Xmas she says she wants a wedding dress to take to the ball & to marry her daddy! Is this okay??????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• totally normal
    Anonymous

• Yes it is normal. A lot of kids want to marry a mommy or daddy. It is just a phase.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 11:21 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I wanted to marry my daddy at that age. I thought all other men were ugly looking, I only liked my mom, my dad, and other girls/women.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 11:22 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• normal & cute. you should get her saying it on camcorder & show her when she an adult.. if you are worried just have your hubby tell her that he is already married , but any man will be lucky to have her as a wife when she is old enough. I personally think shes four & its no big deal.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:23 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Awww. Thats sooooo cute and so awesome.. because that alone shows that her and her dad have a good bond and relationship. She obviously looks up to him which means hes a very good dad. I see nothing wrong with it. My daughter has said the same thing (shes 3 almost 4 in feb) and I just tell her "Well you cant marry daddy because Im married to daddy but someday when your older like mommy you can marry a nice man like daddy" I see nothing wrong with it and find it very sweet.
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 11:25 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• It's normal so don't worry. My son tells me that he wants to marry me.
    Anonymous

• I agree with everyone else - totally normal :-)
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 11:29 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• aww its sweet. My son is most def in love with me. He thinks I hung the moon and he says he wants to marry me. He also wants to be pregnate. He thinks I'd be fun. Even though he knows he's aboy and girls have the babies. He still likes to pretend he's prggo with a baby named Tina. Yes, he named it.

=Kids think simply and with out sexual thought. Its just a sign of love.

It'll end with time, Just let her have this close relationship with her father. It will be hugly benificial later in life when she's really of marriagable age.
    Anonymous

• totally normal that's how you know you have a good daddy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Of course she does--he's her daddy. I did, too. And in a sense I did marry my daddy. I married a wonderful man who is very much like my father. She's only four, and soon enough she'll want to test her independence and grow as far from you as she can and still live in the same house. So treasure this time.
    SaraCVT

Answer by SaraCVT at 12:31 AM on Dec. 2, 2009